In our many years of providing quality supports and services in WA, we’ve had the honour of receiving a number of notable awards and media recognition.
Recent awards & recognition
Waste Authority board appointment
WA Disability Support Awards
Staff nominated include those from People Services and the Defence Administration Assistance Program teams.
Waste Team of the Year, Overall Waste Initiative of the Year
Workpower CEO Lee Broomhall and the Balcatta Recycling Shop team received the prestigious dual awards at the gala night on the 15th November. The award was presented by Minister of Environment, Hon Stephen Dawson MLC.
National Awards for Local Government
City of Stirling received the Disability Access and Inclusion Category Award for their partnership with Workpower.
Garage Sale Trail Government Award of Excellence
For our successful role in partnering with the City of Stirling to promote the Garage Sale Trail.
City of Stirling received the Local Government Category Award for our successful partnership.
Disability Employment Services (DES) Provider/Local Government Partnership Award
Awarded for our partnership with the City of Stirling at the Balcatta Recycling Shop.
WA Disability Support Awards
Staff nominated include the People Services team.
- 3rd December: The West Australian – International Day of People with Disability, page 14
- 2nd August: ABC’s Breakfast show, live from Garden Island – features interview with People Services Executive Mairead Connolly and the Defence Administration Assistance Program team
- 2nd March: The West Australian – Disability Employment Guide, page 6
- 12th November: The West Australian – National Recycling Week, page 5
- 2nd November: Fremantle Herald – “Performing a fairytale for some”
- 16th October: Stirling Times – “Neighbours come together for sale”
- October: Channel 10 feature of Balcatta Recycling Shop – features interview with General Manager Recycling Bill Elliott about our sustainable recycling process
- 3rd August: ABC Perth’s Afternoons with Gillian O’Shaughnessy – recorded live at Balcatta Recycling Shop and features interview with Assistant Manager Shaun Cronin
- 1st December: The West Australian – International Day of People with Disability feature, page 12
- 13th November: The West Australian – National Recycling Week, pages 49 & 51
- November: Stirling Scene community magazine: Summer Edition, page 4
- 23rd June: The West Australian – Supporting People with Disability in WA, page 14
- 15th November: Stirling Times article – “Tip shop sets standards as disability enterprise”
- 13th September: Stirling Times article – “Balcatta tip shop’s tip-top makeover“
- 9th September: Community News article – “Balcatta tip shop reopens after makeover“
- March: The Australian Mining Review – “Experienced staff delivering professional services”, page 59
- 3rd December: The West Australian – International Day of People with Disability, page 21
- 30th September: The West Australian – Mental Health Week, page 21