What’s that and what does it mean for you? Find out with our handy jargon guide!
Capacity building supports
Capacity Building Supports help buy services that build your independence and skills to help you reach your long-term goals. This may include:
- Finding and keeping a job (e.g. accessing a Customised Employment program)
- Improved life choices (e.g. plan management)
- Improved health and wellbeing (e.g. diet planning)
How can they be used?
Unlike your Core Supports budget, your Capacity Building Supports budget cannot be moved from one support category to another. Funding can only be used to purchase approved individual supports that fall within that Capacity Building category. Click here to find out more.
Customer Engagement Manager
Your Customer Engagement Manager is the person who is responsible for helping you plan and review your supports. They assist you by:
- Welcoming you to Workpower as a new customer
- Preparing your supports and Service Agreement
- Gathering information from Workpower staff to conduct annual reviews with you
- Helping you add to or change your services
- Submitting reports to the NDIS
You will see your CEM once to twice per year as you review your supports and prepare for your next period of service delivery.
Core Supports help you with everyday activities, your current disability-related needs and to work towards your goals. This may include:
- Assistance with daily life (e.g. cooking)
- Assistance with social and community participation (e.g. attending a club with a Support Worker)
- Transport (e.g. travelling to work)
How they can be used?
Core Supports can be used flexibly across several support categories, but not all. Click here to find out more.
People Services Manager
Your People Services Manager is responsible for your day-to-day service delivery. They are also in charge of the people in Workpower’s sites and services.
- Workpower’s customers
- Supported employees
- Workpower staff (including Support Workers)
You can contact your PSM throughout the year with any questions, comments, concerns and compliments about services that you receive from Workpower.