As we welcome November and the end of the calendar year, it’s time to reflect on our progress and achievements in the last financial year.
Workpower’s board, staff, members, and stakeholders came together to celebrate these milestones at our Annual General Meeting on the 29th October 2019. This special occasion was held at Bendat Parent and Community Centre, Telethon Speech & Hearing.
Our achievements this year
CEO Lee Broomhall warmly welcomed guests in her opening speech. This was followed by the final Chairperson’s report by Sue Slavin who will be retiring from the board this year. Sue has been a valued board member since 2006 and served as Chairperson since 2016.
Lee then provided us with a dynamic snapshot of Workpower’s performance. This includes results from our Annual Audited Financial Statements for the 2018/19 year.
In the last 12 months we have:
- Supported 888 people with disability
- Welcomed 267 new customers to our supports
The past year has brought about significant changes that have impacted organisations, families, and participants alike. This has caused us to adapt efficiently, reach new milestones, and set our organisation up for a thriving future. In response to the growth of the NDIS we’ve successfully adapted and positioned ourselves to thrive within the market in years to come.
Other highlights include:
- Receiving the 2018 Waste Authority Infinity Awards for Waste Team and Overall Waste Initiative of the Year for the Balcatta Recycling Shop
- Securing significant contracts for Northlink Stages 2 and 3
- Introducing a variety of new tailored support programs like the School Holiday Employment Program (SHEP) and Expressions art therapy
Following Lee’s address we welcomed a new director onto our board, Angelo Chiappini. We also saw the appointment of Melanie Cave as our new Chairperson. It was a great occasion for members, staff, and guests alike to acknowledge the outcomes Workpower has achieved for people with disability, their families, and carers.
Download the 2018/19 Annual Report HERE.