What’s your plan for next year? If this is your final school year or you’re looking to return to work, then this is the time to get prepared! We kick off 2020 with our successful School Holiday Employment Program (SHEP) to get you ready to tackle your employment goals.
SHEP is suitable for people aged 15 and over with disability or mental health conditions who want to find work.
Over the four days job seekers work closely with the support team to set achievable goals, build employment skills, and identify areas they’d like to work in. From here, they complete a work placement in an industry of their choice. This puts into practice what they learned and helps them take the next step in their careers.
As a result, we’ve seen more and more fantastic opportunities arise with each program! Our past attendees each completed unique placements, including roles in:
- Fitness at UFC Balcatta
- Hospitality at Optus Stadium
- Retail at Best & Less and Chaos Pop Culture
- Administration and human resources at St John of God
Many of these led to ongoing and paid positions, like a permanent administration role for Julien!
Dates and times:
9am – 3pm (including work experience)
- Tuesday 14th January 2020
- Wednesday 15th January 2020
- Tuesday 21st January 2020
- Wednesday 22nd January 2020
Location: Workpower, U3/1468 Albany Hwy, Cannington WA
Registration closes Friday 20th December 2019 4pm.
And in addition to work experience, you will attend workshops and:
- Grow your employment skills
- Learn from industry professionals
- Develop your own work plan with the Discovery Process
- Explore Customised Employment and other opportunities
Don’t wait until next year
The holiday season is coming in fast, so make sure you plan ahead by booking your spot early! Simply contact Kathy at 0419 834 548.