October is here already, and you know what that means – the Garage Sale Trail is coming up! On the weekend of the 20-21st October, we’re inviting everyone to join us for some bargain hunting and recycling fun at the Balcatta Recycling Shop (BRS).
Today we’ll talk about why you should declutter, and do some good for the environment and others while you’re at it.
Learn to let go
We all get bogged down with having too much stuff in our cars, garages, homes, and offices. Maybe you’re saving your special cutlery for a dinner party, or holding onto old tennis rackets in the hope that you’ll pick it up next summer.
But what if you don’t get the opportunity to use it? Chances are, there’s many things that we’ll never get around to utilising – and that’s when we should donate or recycle.
Your unwanted and unused possessions aren’t doing you any good in storage. Instead, give them a chance to do good for someone else.
Donate or recycle
Got a pile of things that you’re not sure whether to donate or recycle? Avoid illegal dumping and harming the environment with these simple guidelines:
- Any waste or faulty, broken, unclean, or prohibited items cannot be donated
- Items need to be sorted by type before being dropped off
- We can recycle your boxes and polystyrene from your packaging goods like fridges and TVs, so bring them as well
With our new recycling facilities, we can now recycle and safely dispose of:
- Soft and clear plastics, and general household plastic containers, like milk bottles (HDPE, High Density, PTE 1, and 2)
- Scrap metal, aluminium, and glass
- Paper and cardboard
See the full list of materials we can accept and recycle. If you’re unsure, feel free to give us a ring at (08) 9445 6590 and we’ll point you in the right direction.
Last year we won a Government Award for our hugely successful Garage Sale Trail, and this year is set to be bigger and better! Make sure to save the date on your calendar, and stay tuned for more updates!