Every year Clean Up Australia hosts a number of clean-up days to encourage communities to take care of our environment. Without significant action our rate of waste production continues to grow beyond what our environment can handle.
It threatens not only our lifestyles, but our animals, our plants, and our health.
Host a clean up event
Take the opportunity to bring your family, friends, coworkers, or community together for a good cause. We all share the environment, so we should all do our part to make sure it lasts.
You can register a clean up event to clear rubbish from a designated area like your office, school, or public area. You’ll receive a kit with everything you need to get started.
Once you’re done remember to correctly dispose of your rubbish. If it doesn’t belong in the household bin you can bring it to us. We take a wide range of materials like plastics, metal, glass, and cardboard.
Small steps towards big change
Don’t want to host an event? Try one or more of these suggestions instead. Remember, every little bit counts!
- Take a look at your home and office and see if you can recycle any unwanted papers or materials
- Leave reusable bags in your car for shopping trips
- Use reusable cutlery and plates for your next outing
- Donate unwanted clothes to charity
- Collect your plastics, polystyrene, and glass to recycle with us
- Pick up and dispose of any rubbish you see on your next walk
- Get a copy of your council’s recycling guide so you know what goes in your household bins
- Invest in a reusable bottle instead of buying bottled water
- Safely dispose of electronics, batteries, and devices with us
- Buy biodegradable single-use items
- Start composting
By doing just one of these things you’re taking an important step towards protecting our environment. Not only that, but you can also save money in process! All you need to do is make a start.
If you ever need motivation, then our recycling team at the BRS can point you in the right direction! Follow us on Instagram or Facebook for upcycling inspiration, recycling facts, and sustainable living tips.
The Balcatta Recycling Shop is your one stop destination for sustainable shopping and recycling. Contact us today on (08) 9445 6590 for more info!