We’re getting to the exciting part of the scheme now: how we’ll work with you to create your individualised NDIS plan. Today we’ll go through the planning journey and the options available for you.
Your first plan
This plan covers a 12 month period where you can learn and try out different supports and services. It’s a period where any of your existing supports and services may continue and merge with new services. This is a period to test your plan and see if it aligns with your goals.
To start your plan you will need to meet with an NDIS representative, who may ask you questions like:
- What is my life like now?
- How would I like it to be and what do I want to build on?
- How can I make this happen?
This process is important, as it helps identify capabilities and needs. Your first plan can be made up of the following elements:
- Informal support: any care and assistance from family or friends
- Community support: any supports from people or groups in your local community
- Mainstream support: any other services provided from your doctor, work, or school
- Reasonable and necessary funded support: these supports are funded by the NDIS and are related to your disability and needed to live a full life
Here’s the ultimate guide to your NDIS Pathway.
Workpower can help you get ready
We can help you with your NDIS plan and deciding which direction to take. To get the most out of your planning session with an NDIS representative, it’s a good idea to start thinking ahead.
Here are some things to consider:
- What do you want to do after school?
- What type of job would you like to have?
- What things have you done that you enjoy? What do you like to do in your spare time?
- How many days or hours would you like to work?
- Where do you want to live? Who do you want to live with?
- Are there any technological aids or equipment that could make life easier for you?
- Is there someone who can help you?
If you have supports with Workpower, you can take your My Plan to the meeting and show your NDIS representative your goals and outcomes. This will help you consider what support you need in order to do the things that you want!
And if you missed the previous articles covering the NDIS, you can catch up on the series here.
Get in contact today to start your journey towards receiving support, preparing for the planning process, and reaching your goals! Talk to Teresa here or at 9445 6525.