Registration closes on Friday 27th September 2019, so don’t miss your chance and book today!
It’s not long to go before the next school holidays. And for students and people looking to get their careers in gear, it’s the right time to start exploring the opportunities available in the community.
After a successful July School Holiday Employment Program (SHEP), we’re back to help another round of jobseekers take the first step!
Explore your own placement
The highlight of our program is each person’s tailored work experience placement. We work with you to find an experience in an industry of your choice. This led to several ongoing paid employment roles including new positions at Optus Stadium and Best&Less!
We offered work experience across various industries, including:
- Retail at Red Dot and Balcatta Recycling Shop
- Human resources and administration at St John of God
- Packaging and warehousing and our other social enterprises
- Community work at local libraries
SHEP is suitable for people with disability or mental health conditions aged 15+ who are looking to find employment.
Dates and times: 9am – 3pm, including work experience. Sessions are on Tuesdays (1st and 8th October) and Wednesdays (2nd and 9th October).
Location: Workpower, U3/1468 Albany Hwy, Cannington WA
During these four days you will get the chance to:
- learn from industry professionals
- build employment skills and knowledge
- develop your own action plan through the Discovery Process
- complete your own industry experience
- explore Customised Employment and other work opportunities