Do you support students who would benefit from a supported work experience?
Employment is a big step to take and there are many ways to go about preparing students for this transition. This is why we offer a range of options to develop skills towards work.
For students, this is a valuable opportunity to gain insight on working life within a commercial business. During the placement, they will:
- Learn what’s involved in a normal working day
- Work in a team with other employees
- Try their hand at real contracts and projects
- Be supported by our experienced support team
How does the program work?
Students can do a work placement at one of our businesses as part of the school curriculum. The placement is usually for one or two days a week, and runs for one school term with the possibility to extend.
We work with schools to ensure each student gets matched with the right workplace that suits them. We tailor our supports to match their goals and make sure they get the most out of the experience.
At the end of the placement we can build on the student’s experience for the future. We work with their schools and families to find options for different pathways.
- If they’re looking to enter supported employment, we can coordinate opportunities within our social enterprises
- If they want to work in open employment, we offer customised employment supports to help start their career
- If they need support we can help them build skills towards employment